How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41035
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im going through a divorce and my soon to be X

Resolved Question:

I''m going through a divorce and my soon to be X has placed information concerning a minor child who is not related to either of, but does reside in the house I live in. The information she placed in the paperwork concerns the minor medical information. Is this a violation of law If so what law and were could I find it.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
Thanks for the question. The HIPAA law may apply here if there is a medical disclossure. The web page attached here goes over the law, applications, and penalties. To me at least the court should require the removal from the pleading. I agree that it really is inappropriate at best and maybe a violation. I hope this answers your question and good luck to you..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions