rvlaw
rvlaw, Attorney-Therapist Mediator
Experience:  Attorney-Therapist Mediator for CA Divorce Mediation Center; over 30 years private practice in NYC.
3071004

my daughter is 15 and has been with me all her life. her ...

my daughter is 15 and has been with me all her life. her father got married four years ago and now wants to get custody because i let her stay with him four a year and half so she could start high school with her step sister. my daughters step mother started a fight with her and tried to get her to fight her.she ran away and i brought her back home with me. i have injunction against the step mother so we have to go to court for injuction and custody. what are my chancees of getting sole custody.

Fairly good. The atmosphere in the other home does not appear to be beneficial to your daughter. The new wife sounds down right dangerous. Remember the criterion is "the best interests of the child"...not the parent. Plus...the judge will give weight to your daughter's view on things. She is old enough. Good luck.

Rich

This is information only, NOT legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been created. Consult an attorney in your state for legal advice regarding your issue.