How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CALawyer Your Own Question
CALawyer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1655
Experience:  California Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
CALawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

a wife filed for divorce and got it and the man didnt ...

Resolved Question:

a wife filed for divorce and got it and the man didn't even know until 3 months later when she had her lawyer to start taking child support out of his check and send it directly to her, and when he called the lawyer for a copy of the divorce he refused to send him a copy. He had to have a friend to go to the courthouse and get a copy, then found out it is full of lies and she put down that she got full custody and it was only she that could decide when he sees the girls.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  CALawyer replied 9 years ago.
First, I want to recommend that you hire an attorney RIGHT AWAY.

Time is of the essence, so you need to get a consultation.

If you weren't properly served with the divorce paperwork, then there is a good chance that you could get the orders vacated and have the case reopened so the court could hear your side of the story as well. The grounds to vacate a property and/or custody decision include fraud, duress, and lack of personal jurisdiction (proper service of the petition). The sooner you get an attorney to help you, the better your chances.

If you can't afford an attorney, you can try finding a legal aid society in your area to help. Here is a link to a list of legal aid societies in Texas: CLICK HERE.

If this information was helpful, please click ACCEPT to give me credit for answering. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated if deserved. If you need any clarification, just post a reply. Thanks!
CALawyer and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you