How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask BeckyH Your Own Question
BeckyH, Paralegal
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37
Experience:  18 years' family law experience. [This post should not be construed as legal advice.]
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
BeckyH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

is it endangering children if a coach puts the kids names, ...

Customer Question

is it endangering children if a coach puts the kids names, town, sport, images, and faces on my space without parents permission & if they are under 18
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  BeckyH replied 9 years ago.

I think it could absolutely be a safety issue. This is not something that would be address in a family court. You will want to print a copy of the myspace page and images. If you go high enough with the school board, you will get results. I would start as the Principal of the school, go up to the superintendent and go from there. The coach is paid by someone and that is the direction you will want to go. Good luck.


BeckyH and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to BeckyH's Post: but what if they don't help is there legal recourse...say could we sue the district or force her some way to be fired ..any pedophile could get his hands on this info...i really don't think she should be with children if shes this careless
Expert:  BeckyH replied 9 years ago.

You may be able to file a civil suit for them using the child's name, likeness or simulation thereof, without your express consent, but it may not be a cost you want to expend. The down side is that it is a personal page. The upside (for you) is that it is on the public internet. I would suggest reading the terms and conditions of myspace to see if there is anything that says that they cannot put photos of minors without parental consent. You might be able to have it removed by myspace. Otherwise, talking to school officials might help. You can write a letter that specifically states that your express or implied consent has not been given and if it is not removed, you will take any legal action afforded to you by law. I would try to scare them a bit. You can also set out in the letter the potential danger to the children. Simply putting it in writing to a high school official may get them to take action. I hope this helps.