How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rebecca Mason Your Own Question
Rebecca Mason
Rebecca Mason, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 59
Experience:  Family law expert with 4 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Rebecca Mason is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want full custody of my son with the father having ...

Customer Question

I want full custody of my son with the father having visitation rights but we were never married. I also want to do child support because he hasn''t support the baby the way he is supposed to. i filed for it at the CSO. I was to get an appointment in March now they are telling me i have to wait two more months and im about to get my wages garnished for mine and my son''s medical bills, and i think that he should have to help out with the baby''s bill, is it possible for a lawyer to help me out?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Rebecca Mason replied 9 years ago.

You will want to initiate an action in the courts to set forth a custody arrangement including a visitation schedule. You can also have child support addressed at the same time. Likely, the judge will award you a set amount of child support, plus arrears, ,which is child support that is past due, including his shares of the child's medical bills. You may even want to have this amount garnished from the child's father's paycheck and sent directly to you. I hope this helps.


Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I am licensed to practice law in Colorado and do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information provided. It is best to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.