Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My husband had an affair that resulted in a child. I am ...

Customer Question
My husband had an affair...
My husband had an affair that resulted in a child. I am thinking of divorce and wondering what will happen as far as child support for my two girls. He makes $2400 a month and has to pay $750 a month to the childs mother. What will happen to my girls and I financially?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Family Law
5/1/2008
Family Lawyer: Law Girl, Family Law Attorney replied 9 years ago
Law Girl
Law Girl, Family Law Attorney

DearCustomer

Thank you for your question.

In the event of divorce, your property will be distributed according to its character (community and/or separate) and according to the laws of your state. You may be entitled to spousal support and, if you are the custodial parent, are probably entitled to child support. The amount of support paid will depend on a myriad of factors, i.e. the state, the healthcare he pays for the children, the daycare that the children require, how long you have been married, how much he makes, how much you make, the length of the marriage, etc.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!

-KAT

Law Girl
Law Girl
Law Girl, Family Law Attorney