How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Expert Your Own Question
Family Expert
Family Expert, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1291
Experience:  25 Years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Family Expert is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it possible to get soe custody of my 21 month old ...

Resolved Question:

Is it possible to get soe custody of my 21 month old daughter when the judge ordered a custody evaluator and i had to move out of marital home and i make alot less income. i''m the child''s mother.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Family Expert replied 9 years ago.
Certainly it is "possible" for you to get sole custody - keep in mind that in a custody dispute the court is trying to decide what will be "in the best interests of the child." When you go to court you need to have a good parenting plan that you can describe, where you're living, how you will care for and provide for the child's needs. This child is very young and in this situation the court is going to recognize that a 21 months old needs to be with her mother. If the child's father is trying to get custody, then he may try to say some bad t hings about you as a mother and you will need friends and relatives to stand up in court and support you. BotXXXXX XXXXXne is that it's up to the judge to consider the entire situation and make a custody decisionthat is going to best benefit the child. Neither your income nor having moved out of the marital home is going to "automatically" mean that you do not get custody. All the best,
Family Expert and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you