How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Girl Your Own Question
Law Girl
Law Girl, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4606
Experience:  I have a law practice that is largely dedicated to family law matters.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Girl is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my x stopped paying child support when my son turned ...

Resolved Question:

my x stopped paying child support when my son turned 18 yrs old, but my divorce agreement stated when child turns 21 unless, married, joins military, maries, or leaves home and has a full time work, well nones of the above has happened till last year may 2007 , my is was 21 1/2 yrs old. my son did live with my mother in the summer of 2004 worked a few odd jobs a totla maybe of six months an that time i was responsible for him. what can i do to collect past child support.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Girl replied 9 years ago.


You can go the Department of Child Support Enforcement in your state and show them the court order. You can also provide any proof of payment for the child support that was received. They can start proceedings for collecting the arrears for you and will inform you of your options to collect the arrears (i.e. garnishment of wages, etc.)

Please let me know if you have any other questions on this matter or require further clarification. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!



Law Girl and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions