How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PAFamily LAwyer Your Own Question
PAFamily LAwyer
PAFamily LAwyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1170
Experience:  JD, Hundreds of Family Law Cases, Custody, Divorce, Support
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
PAFamily LAwyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it possible for someone living in Indiana to adopt a 27 ...

This answer was rated:

Is it possible for someone living in Indiana to adopt a 27 year old adult male from Jamaica? If not, what is the best way to get him here so he can work and go to school while living with us? He want to become a U.S. citizen if possible. He has a passport and a social security # XXXXX he has been here and worked for us for a short time on a J-1 visa.

The short answer is no. If this were possible a lot more adult people would come to the US this way. They won't allow it, because it will circumvent the immigration laws.

I would consult a good immigration lawyer in your area. They maybe able to find an actual legal loophole to get your friend into the states....

PAFamily LAwyer and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you