How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PAFamily LAwyer Your Own Question
PAFamily LAwyer
PAFamily LAwyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1170
Experience:  JD, Hundreds of Family Law Cases, Custody, Divorce, Support
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
PAFamily LAwyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 19 yr old daughter is working full time as a flight ...

Customer Question

My 19 yr old daughter is working full time as a flight attendant and living away from home. I petitioned to stop my support payments to the mother and now my daughter is petitioning me - only me - for support because she says she is not making enough money. she has a full time job with extensive benefits with the airline. we live in New York. will this hold up in court?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  PAFamily LAwyer replied 9 years ago.

If she is emancipated and not in school, I do not believe you will have to pay. New York requires support until 21, but not if they are economically independent...

See for further reading:


Related Family Law Questions