How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Legal Consultant
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 456
Experience:  Expert witness in Federal court, won cases at State lower & appellate levels.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Michael is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

where would jurisdiction be for an original child ...

Customer Question

where would jurisdiction be for an original child support order if the mom lives in TN and the Dad lives in Kentucky? This would be a brand new order the baby was just born.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael replied 9 years ago.


Where is the baby now? (Where was the baby born? In which state? Will it be living in TN or Kentucky?)


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The baby was born in TN, will live in TN, and is now in TN, I live in KY close to the TN border. So I was wondering if KY has jurisdiction over the establishment of support.
Expert:  Michael replied 9 years ago.


The family court in the county where the mother resides will have jurisdiction in this situation unless she and the court agree to move it to the county where you reside in Kentucky.

Otherwise it will be TN.

Please let me know if you have other questions about this.

Take care,


Michael and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
thank you very much, David
Expert:  Michael replied 9 years ago.

You are welcome. I am glad I could help.

Take care,