How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42856
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi i want to give up my rights to this child and will i ...

Customer Question

hi i want to give up my rights to this child and will i have to pay child support still and i dont wont any doing with the child i have not seen the child i just want all this to stop please help.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
Give me your state and let me see if this is possible..
RayAnswers and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
will u help me?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
and i have a case that i dont know the child is mine and i have not seen this child i dont want anything to do with this child and she has now put child support on me waiting court day.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.

In Louisianna its called a surrender of parental rights. You should be able to obtain it from the parish where the custody/support order originated from. The laws of Louisianna are found on the web page I have given just scroll down to the state. This shoudl give you information on the process. It still has to accepted by the court as being best for the child in this matter..


Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i have found out that child support has put a non renewer on my license what can i do and i owe on two cases one case i owe 2,200 and the other 2,800 i have been paying i need help and what can i do and i pay on one case 350 and the other 250 and i make 8.60 and hour is this right what they are doing to me?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
The only thing that you can do is try and negotiate with them to spread the payments. The license suspension is very real and I sympathise with you, it is hard to earn money when they take your license. I think that this is a misguided law in a lot of ways..
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
can the mother take me off child support very fast?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
The mother can agree to take the surrender in lieu of support. The problem here is that if the state is owed money as opposed to her they may or may not agree with your offer. Also the court has to accept it in lieu of support so it may not be as fast as you would like it..
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
so what can i do about all of this?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
Call the county where the case is, ask the clerk if they have surrender forms and instructions on how to file. Ask wife/state if they will accept a surrender in lieu of at least current support. This would allow you to apply all to arrearages, maybe they let you have a lower payment..
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i ask the child support man about that he said he does not know how to do that
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
Ask the clerk in the county/parish where case is. Also have you tried to talk to legal aid in your area, they might help you in this matter as well..
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
how much you think will a lawyer will cost
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.

To draw up a surrender and file it, maybe $500, to do something with the arrearages go form there, maybe another $1,000 but if he helps you get this off your back it would be worth it..