How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Legal Consultant
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 456
Experience:  Expert witness in Federal court, won cases at State lower & appellate levels.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Michael is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter saw her father every other weekend as agreed by ...

Customer Question

My daughter saw her father every other weekend as agreed by the court. Now, in 2 years, she has seen him 3 times. when he did get her for the weekends, his girlfirend and him would fight to the point the police would be called. My daughter would cry everytime she would have to go. When his relationship with his girlfriend ended, he stopped seeing our daughter. My daughter went through counceling becasue of the fights and because how she was treated. He even had her sleep in a car when they were removed from the girlfriends house. I took him to court after that and they didn''t listen to me or anything my daughter was saying. My daughter loves him but on the other hand is afraid of him (from the past and from 5 badgering conversations) After he got her so upset, I said enough. Now he is threatening to taker her and feels he has every right in the world to treat her horrible. I would like to go back to court. How can I make this stop?? Is there a way to stop contact?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael replied 9 years ago.


I am sorry the court did not listen to you the first time. I would suggest you call the Department of Public Welfare's Child Protective Services Division. Explain to them the situation and how he has emotionally and verbally abused your daughter. Tell them about the counseling and having her sleep in the car when he was thrown out of his home.

They should assign a caseworker to investigate. This person will usually speak with you, your daughter, the father, and any other people who have information. They have the ability to prevent any contact between your daughter and her father while you and the state petition the court for a modification of visitation.

At a new hearing, the caseworker will present detailed findings and a recommendation. Judges usually listen to the reports of these caseworkers as they have experience and training in evaluating the situations a child is place into. So if the caseworker recommends that the father have only brief supervised visits then it is much more likely that the judge will follow these recommendations.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Good luck,


Michael and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Michael replied 9 years ago.

You are welcome.

Take care and good luck,