How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PAFamily LAwyer Your Own Question
PAFamily LAwyer
PAFamily LAwyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1170
Experience:  JD, Hundreds of Family Law Cases, Custody, Divorce, Support
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
PAFamily LAwyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Legalities between men and pregnancies

Customer Question


My "friend" has gotten his now ex-girlfriend pregnant and found out after they had broken up. She is six weeks pregnant says the doctors. He wants nothing to do with this girl any and wishes to never even speak to her again.

What legal binds are there between the father and the mother?

Can the father really just... Leave?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  PAFamily LAwyer replied 9 years ago.



BUT - Once the child is born he will have to pay child support, and if he wants to can exercise custody and visitation.

PAFamily LAwyer and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to PAFamily LAwyer's Post: Will he have to pay child support even if he is not on the birth certificate? Can she choose not to hold him accountable?
Expert:  PAFamily LAwyer replied 9 years ago.
If she doesn't file he's Ok - but if the state or welfare pay for birth, food stamps, or cash assitance, they will make her file!

Related Family Law Questions