How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42834
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Resolved Question:

I fired my divorce lawyer February 4, 2008. March 17, 2008 he filed a "Notice of Attorney''s Lien" and "MOTION FOR ORDER ESTABLISHING, ADJUDICATING AND ENFORCING LIEN, FOR PERSONAL JUDGMENT AND TO ENTER JUDGMENT" has been filed against me by my divorce attorney, in the Family Division of the 2nd Judical District Court of the State of Nevada, Washoe, County. The date file on the document states March 17, 2008. I received it on March 28, 2008 via certified mail. What can I do to stop/fight this?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.

Thanks for your question. This will not be a fair fight if you do not have legal counsel in this matter. He/she is trying to collect on a bill it appears based on services provided. If you are disputing the bill itself you may appear and give testimony to oppose the motion. you may also make a written response to his motion and list why you feel he is not entitled to the lien or the amount,etc.

You may also complain to the state bar of Nevada about this matter as it involves your bill and a fee dispute. These two directions are each ones you can pursue and you should do both to protect your rights in this matter. You would also benefit by legal representation at the hearing to frame your arguments in their best light and present the evidence in an orderly manner..

RayAnswers and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you