How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Your Own Question
Bill, Paralegal
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2243
Experience:  Paralegal with Family Law Experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Bill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My divorce attorney just collected a judgment against my ...

Resolved Question:

My divorce attorney just collected a judgment against my ex-husband on a refinance. I ask him to send me part of the proceeds but his exact words were "if you want any of the proceeds, you''ll have to sign a contract first." It''s not as if I am not paying him because he has received over $100,000 in the last 6 months. Does he have a legal right to hold my money in trust and not pay me when I request payment?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bill replied 9 years ago.

Probably not. You need to contact the Washington State Bar and discuss exactly what the attorney said to you and the details of your retainer agreement / existing services contract and have them contact him to help you get the funds released.

You can find their consumer complaint information at

Bill and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you at least I know where to start.
Expert:  Bill replied 9 years ago.