How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Your Own Question
Bill, Paralegal
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2243
Experience:  Paralegal with Family Law Experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Bill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my unclethreatened to subpeona bank statements on bank ...

Resolved Question:

my unclethreatened to subpeona bank statements on bank accounts left to me (the granddaughter() by my deceased grandparents. Typically in the state of california is this expensive to do? He says he thinks i was put on for convience( which is not true) my aunt was there when my grandfather said the money was to be mine, is that something hard to prove? Can he easily subpeona theese accounts?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bill replied 9 years ago.

He can not have your records subpoenaed unless he has filed a suit against you and in the course of that law suit his attorney requests through deposition and discovery a copy of those records and your attorney agrees to supply them. It is very expensive to start a law suit and get to the point that documents are subpoenaed so he must be willing to make a big investment in attorney and court fees if he wants access to these records.

Good luck. If you have any other related questions please let me know. If you found this answer helpful please accept so I can continue to help others like you in the future. Thank you.


Bill and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you