How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask 4ren6 Your Own Question
4ren6, Expert Criminal Witness
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4794
Experience:  Retired Law Enforcement.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
4ren6 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My baby may not be my husbands and the man i had an affair ...

Resolved Question:

My baby may not be my husbands and the man i had an affair with has said that his wife is giving him a divorce because of his affair and they r going to get a dna test done on her can they do that or is there anything i can do to keep this from happening?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.
Yes, he can indeed legally request through the courts for a paternity test to be done. If it is shown that he is the father then he can file for custody of the child. On the otherhand he may have to pay support to you for the child. But yes, he can do such. Nothing to be done that could stop it should he file with the courts.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: Its not him that wants the dna he says the wife and her lawyer may try to get a dna i guess she wants to know if it is his child can they do this
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.
no, it is the biological father or the father that feels he is the father that can petition the courts. The wife can not do such.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
so there is no way that they can get a dna test done on her unless he the man i had an affair with askes for it
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.
That is correct. Either you or the man you were with.
4ren6 and 9 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions