Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My baby may not be my husbands and the man i had an affair ...

Customer Question
My baby may not be...
My baby may not be my husbands and the man i had an affair with has said that his wife is giving him a divorce because of his affair and they r going to get a dna test done on her can they do that or is there anything i can do to keep this from happening?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Family Law
4/1/2008
Family Lawyer: 4ren6, Expert Criminal Witness replied 9 years ago
4ren6
4ren6, Expert Criminal Witness
Yes, he can indeed legally request through the courts for a paternity test to be done. If it is shown that he is the father then he can file for custody of the child. On the otherhand he may have to pay support to you for the child. But yes, he can do such. Nothing to be done that could stop it should he file with the courts.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: Its not him that wants the dna he says the wife and her lawyer may try to get a dna i guess she wants to know if it is his child can they do this
no, it is the biological father or the father that feels he is the father that can petition the courts. The wife can not do such.
so there is no way that they can get a dna test done on her unless he the man i had an affair with askes for it
That is correct. Either you or the man you were with.
4ren6
4ren6, Expert Criminal Witness
4ren6
4ren6
4ren6, Expert Criminal Witness