Rebecca Mason
Rebecca Mason, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Family law expert with 4 years experience
8816448

My ex just served me with divorce papers. It has a court ...

My ex just served me with divorce papers. It has a court ordered mediation appointment scheduled for March 4. I am in the process of finding an attorney. How do I file a continuation for this mediation appt so I have time to find an attorney?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Rebecca Mason replied 9 years ago.

Try to get your ex (or your ex's attorney) to agree to continuing the mediation date. Then you can file an unopposed motion, or a stipulation with the court. If they won't agree, you can file a motion with the court requesting they continue the mediation until you can secure counsel. Good luck!

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I am licensed to practice law in Colorado and do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information provided. It is best to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.