Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My son may be the father of an unborn child. There is

Customer Question
My son may be the...
My son may be the father of an unborn child. There is question as to how far along the pregnancy is. Is there any test that can answer this question or do we need to wait for the birth?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Family Law
3/2/2008
Family Lawyer: Familylaw Guru, Attorney at Law, JD replied 9 years ago
Familylaw Guru
Familylaw Guru, Attorney at Law, JD

The doctor's do several tests from the onset of pregnancy and can pretty much determine how far along someone is in their pregnancy. If he thinks he is the father, he will need to petition the court to determine paternity as soon as the baby is born. The court will then order that a paternity test be done. If he is the father, he may then ask for visitation as well as custody if he wants to.

Please don't forget to ACCEPT so that I may be compensated for my time.

Jennifer

Familylaw Guru
Familylaw Guru, Attorney at Law, JD
Familylaw Guru
Familylaw Guru
Familylaw Guru, Attorney at Law, JD