How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

in joint custody , there are 2 girls, age 9 and 5. the ...

Resolved Question:

in joint custody , there are 2 girls, age 9 and 5. the question is if both girls cry and pitch a fit about having to go to their mothers on her days to have them, can the costodial parent [ their dad] refuse to let them go. they don''t like their mothers new husbsnd. and are probably scared of him. what legal grounds does the father have in this matter to not look like bad person in this. don''t want to lose the trust in girls by making them go with their mother, and don''t want to have to go to court forcontempt of court by not allowing mother to see them.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
UnfortunatelyCustomeryou cannot go against the court orders. If you do, this can definitely result in a motion on mom's side for the court to think about transferring full custody over to her and that would be a worst for your girls.

Only if there is a need to protect the girls from actual or potential abuse or neglect, there is very little you can do to get these court orders changed. This is unfortunately what happens very often in divorce situations. The girls need to understand that they are putting you in a difficult situation and you are powerless in going against the court orders.

If something is going on in that household for the girls to be that afraid, then you might want to take the children to a counselor to see what concerns that could be. If the concerns are warranted, you can then use the findings of the counselor to request a change in the parenting arrangements.

Don't forget to click Accept for my time and research, thank you.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions