How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Legal Consultant
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 456
Experience:  Expert witness in Federal court, won cases at State lower & appellate levels.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Michael is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in WA state. My husband makes $125K a year. I make ...

Resolved Question:

I live in WA state. My husband makes $125K a year. I make 90K. We have one child who is 17. The WA guidlines top out at him paying me $700 per month. He believes this also includes our son''s medical premium and his braces. He is including these costs in the $700 a month he estimates he should pay. Is $700 the most I would receive or can it just not go any lower? Also is the medical premium and/or braces included in the $700 from the guidlines or are these costs over and above?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael replied 9 years ago.


Your husband is incorrect. Under Washington law, he is responsible for child support based on the actual incomes of the parents plus the cost of health insurance for the child and any extraordinary medical costs such as braces.

This website provides a detailed calculator for determining the amount of child support to be paid:

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Take care,


Michael and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you