How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am paying 1000.00 dollars a month for a kid I can ...

Resolved Question:

I am paying 1000.00 dollars a month for a kid I can not see she is to never to know my name or ever see me in a nut shell never to know I am alive can I give up any rights I may have and not pay anymore
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
Thank youCustomerfor your question.

Unfortunately the law does not allow a parent to terminate their parental rights in order to avoid paying child support. The law was written that parents support their children regardless if they have any contact with them. The only rare occasion where child support may end would be if the child were adopted by a step-parent willing to assume financial responsibility.

So you will not be able to give up your rights just to avoid paying support. If your current income is making it difficult to pay $1000.00 you can request a modification of support, but otherwise you cannot ask for it to be terminated.

In addition if the mother is denying you visitation rights and you want to have a relationship with the child, then it is up to you to file for custody/visitation. The law disfavors when a parent alienates the child from the other parent unless there is a court order for no-contact.

Don't forget to click Accept for my time and research, thank you.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions