How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Familylaw Guru Your Own Question
Familylaw Guru
Familylaw Guru, Attorney at Law, JD
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1349
Experience:  Experienced in divorce, child custody, child support, paternity issues, and parental rights.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Familylaw Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can anyone just remove a fathers name from a childs birth records

Customer Question

can my daughters mother remove me from her birth records, being that i am not the childs biological father
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Familylaw Guru replied 9 years ago.

If you are not the biological father, the mother or you would have to petition the court to establish paternity. When it was proven that you were not the father, then and only then could your name be removed from the birth certificate.

Please don't forget to ACCEPT so that I may be compensated for my time.


Familylaw Guru and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
thank you. i asked this question because. me and mom daughters mother are not getting along,and my daughters mothers mother knows that her daughter has always had relationship problems because of her infidelities. so every a situation occur she just wants to take my daughter as i have no say so because she know im not the biological. first my daughter is well taken care of.i pay for the following(private school, piano lessons,food clothing and shelter. i do the following (i play with her for hours everyday,taught her to speak and she is exceptional,gymnastics,art and crafts i love her and she loves me. my daughter is five and i am 45. i have no other children im in excellent shape,telecommunication specialist,jack of all trades. and i feel powerless,her (my fiance')mother had the same relationship problems until she married a rich man who died.shes the matriarch and she as though she as the authority to do what she wants.Yet she has the sagacity of a fruit fly(smile)she is rich and unhappy because she cant keep a man either so she stil try to rule my fiance' by fear of no inheritance. so me and my fiance'have an arguement about her on going infidelities, i move about 15min a day ,i pick my daughter from school everyday and everyday we go to the store she loves it .thanks for listening and thanks for the trying to stop crying sorry but thanks a million this has given me time to save my daughter if i had a million dollars i would give it to u. you may help me save my daughter again thanks. Mr. BXXXXX XXXXX.
Expert:  Familylaw Guru replied 9 years ago.

You are very welcome. Everything will work out. If you ever need help again, just let me know.