How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Familylaw Guru Your Own Question
Familylaw Guru
Familylaw Guru, Attorney at Law, JD
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1349
Experience:  Experienced in divorce, child custody, child support, paternity issues, and parental rights.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Familylaw Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In FL, what is the cause of action (i.e., motion, etc.) ...

Resolved Question:

In FL, what is the cause of action (i.e., motion, etc.) when you have a successful parental alienation syndrome? Is it an Motion for Immediate Contact or some other pleading. Please advise. Thank you
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Familylaw Guru replied 9 years ago.

If you successfully can prove parental alienation, you can use this as a reason to petition for a change of custody. If, however, this is not what you are wanting, if a court order has been issued for visitation or parental contact, you will need to file a notice of contempt with the court and explain to them how the visitation and/or parental contact is being sabotaged by the other parent.

If proven to be in contempt, visitation schedule can be changed and the other parent can be ordered to pay any attorney fees that you have incurred from having to file this notice of contempt.

If you need more clarification, please let me know. If not, please accept so that I may receive credit for my time.


Familylaw Guru and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions