Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I live in Texas right now but am relocating to Michigan to ...

Customer Question
I live in Texas right...
I live in Texas right now but am relocating to Michigan to be with my family. My husband and I are getting a divorce and we have an unborn child. He was just discharged from the Army for abuse of over the counter drugs and spent 30 days in a rehab facility but is still using. I feel it''s unsafe for my child to have visitation with him once the child is born. What can I do???
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Family Law
3/1/2008
Family Lawyer: Walter, Legal Consultant replied 9 years ago
Walter
Walter, Legal Consultant

Since you are married, he will be permitted to request visitation rights to the child. Since he was discharged due to abuse of drugs this is something you will want to bring up in court when you request no visitation. In the end it is up to the judge. The judge can order no visitation or supervised visitation until he has undergone a treatment plan and is no longer busing drugs.

I would not suggest you go this alone based on the issues the father is having. Consider contacting a lawyer to represent you in this matter.

Walter

Walter
Walter
Walter, Legal Consultant