How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Familylaw Guru Your Own Question
Familylaw Guru
Familylaw Guru, Attorney at Law, JD
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1349
Experience:  Experienced in divorce, child custody, child support, paternity issues, and parental rights.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Familylaw Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex was awarded the house in the divorce but she will not ...

Resolved Question:

My ex was awarded the house in the divorce but she will not refinance or pay me my interest of the home. I have not done the Quit Claim Deed until she gets a loan. Am I wrong for doing that?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Familylaw Guru replied 9 years ago.

No. If the order was for her to refinance and pay you interest, until she fulfills this obligation, you would not legally be required to turn the house entirely up to her.

Please don't forget to ACCEPT so that I may be compensated for my time.


Familylaw Guru and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you