How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Walter Your Own Question
Walter, Legal Consultant
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11528
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Walter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Single mother that does nor want the father involved. How ...

Resolved Question:

Single mother that does nor want the father involved. How can I get just visitation for the father with myself having sole custody. He wanted the child aborted and demanded proof. Was never there throughout the whole preganancy. I let him visit 1 weekend every month in my home. He also does not help with diapers or feedings. He just wants to play. What can I do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.


The only thing you can do is be honest with the judge and hope for the best. You can not prevent him from having some type of visitation or custody of the child. The courts prefer to grant joint custody to both parents unless there is a reason why this would not be in the best interest of the child.

Since you are hoping to avoid him getting any custody you will want to hire a lawyer to represent you in this matter and fight for no custody but visitation only.


Walter and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions