How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Familylaw Guru Your Own Question
Familylaw Guru
Familylaw Guru, Attorney at Law, JD
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1349
Experience:  Experienced in divorce, child custody, child support, paternity issues, and parental rights.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Familylaw Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I have full custody of my minor child and my ex wife ...

Resolved Question:

If I have full custody of my minor child and my ex wife only has every other weekend and no parental say so if I tell her that on her weekend visit I do not want my daughters adult girlfriend staying all night there does she have to listen to me
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Familylaw Guru replied 9 years ago.

Yes, since you have full custody, you are entitled to make decisions that are best for your children's welfare. This would include not allowing an adult girlfriend to stay the night if you feel that this is not in your child's best interest.

If she will not listen, you will need to peition the court so that they can order this.

Please don't forget to ACCEPT so that I may receive credit for my time.


Familylaw Guru and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you