How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Father has had joint custody for 6 year and never ...

Resolved Question:

Father has had joint custody for 6 year and never excersised it till now. Now he wants her every other week. Drugs and human resources are invloved with him. Do i have to let him do this? Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
Thank you Joyce for your question.

If at the present moment he has Drugs and Human resources involved with him, that means that at the present time he is unfit to exercise joint custody rights. What you have to do is request a modification review hearing on the grounds that the child's best interests will be exposed to a risk of harm if the child is released to a parent with a current substance abuse problem.

So no, you should not release the child to the father, but should immediately request a modification review hearing to change the parenting arrangements to protect your child.

Don't forget to click Accept for my time and research, thank you.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions