How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Familylaw Guru Your Own Question
Familylaw Guru
Familylaw Guru, Attorney at Law, JD
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1349
Experience:  Experienced in divorce, child custody, child support, paternity issues, and parental rights.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Familylaw Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I will be unemployed in about 28 days. I do know how ...

Resolved Question:

I will be unemployed in about 28 days. I do know how soon I will get back to work. What can I do to have my child support modified in the state of virginia?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Familylaw Guru replied 9 years ago.

You will have to file a petition to modify child support and ask the court to temporarily lower the amount you will have to pay.

The court's typically will not totally allow you to pay nothing regardless of your employment situation but they can lower your payments.

Please don't forget to ACCEPT so that I may be compensated for my time.


Familylaw Guru and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you