How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Walter Your Own Question
Walter, Legal Consultant
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11528
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Walter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the State of Washington law I have been ...

Customer Question

What is the State of Washington law? I have been married for 16 years, been separated (not legally) but during my marriage my husband purchased a commercial property, and two homes but then sold them without telling me. He actually purchased both the homes without even telling me too. Right before we separated, we had a great opportunity to purchase the family home we were living in, but he chose not too. I had my two children from my first marriage (their father passed way) and since then we have been renting ever since. That was in the year 1994. Of the two homes that he purchased without telling me, he sold them and I never got any of the proceeds. I also have never gotten spousal support. So, I am asking what are my rights as the wife who needs spousal support and also who was never given money from this sales?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.


In order to have received any profit from the purchase or sale of property you would need to file for a legal separation. As long as you were together (Or apart with no legal agreement) he has the right to do what ever he chooses with assets.

As far as spousal support that is the same are not going to receive any support until you take this to court and request it. Since finances are a issue consider calling legal aid for assistance. They can help you file for a petition for support if you are eligible. In the end it is up to the judge.

I wish you the best,