How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NOT LEGAL ADVICE! Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2201
Experience:  Information provided is for entertainment puposes only and is NOT legal advice.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
NOT LEGAL ADVICE! is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are there any type of alienation of affection laws in PA

This answer was rated:

No Comment Added

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

Unfortunately, no. The torts of alienation of affection and criminal conversation have been abolished in Pennsylvania.

Let me know if you would like more information.

Please remember to click "ACCEPT."
This is the ONLY way I am paid for my efforts.
POSITIVE FEEDBACK is appreciated and reciprocated.

All of my BONUS earnings will be DONATED to:

The Breast Cancer Alliance United to Support and Educate (BCAUSE) and PAWS; a non-profit organization which provides essential services to assist the low-income elderly, chronically ill and disabled in keeping their companion animals.

Thank you for your support of these CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS!

Disclaimer: Any information given by me is for informational use only and is not legal advice. This is general information and is not intended to be specifically tailored to an individual. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek legal counsel in their jurisdiction for accurate guidance regarding their individual circumstances.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Jen Sterling's Post: Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX tell me then if I have any legal recourse against a woman who is seeing my husband and preventing him from our marriage?

Regretfully, no. Pennsylvania repealed its law prohibiting adultery and fornication in 1972. 1972 Pa.Laws, Act No. 334, 5. Even civil actions for intential affliction of emotional distress have been unsuccessful in cases where the torts of alienation of affection and criminal conversation have been abolished.


NOT LEGAL ADVICE! and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions