How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son has snuck out of the house twice during the

Resolved Question:

my son has snuck out of the house twice during the night what options are available to prohibit this behavior
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.

Other than reporting your son for potential curfew violations, there are no legal options to prevent your son from behaving contrary to your authority, this a parenting issue rather than a legal issue.

If you fear that your son will be engaging in destructive or criminal behavior, you can consider putting him in boot camp for disobedient children.

You can also contact your county's department of health and services to see if your son requires intervention through tough love programs.

Lastly, you may want to seek the assistance of the police, to come over to your home and to sternly speak with your son about the consequences of disobeying the parents and violating curfew laws. If he has never been face to face with the police, this would be a great opportunity for the police to speak with him and "scare" him about the consequences of deviant behavior.

Don't forget to click Accept for my time and research, thank you.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you