How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dkennedy Your Own Question
dkennedy, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6009
Experience:  JD Degree, Social Service Experience, Child Support Officer
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
dkennedy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If someone is involed in the court system with

Resolved Question:

If someone is involed in the court system with informal supervision with there children and at the last court hearing it was asked to cont.informal supervision. can the parents pick up and move to another state and not get in trouble.?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  dkennedy replied 9 years ago.


I would like to help you, but you could clarify your question a little?

Is this probation concerning the care of your children, such as in a Juvenile court setting?

If not, could you explain?


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
it was in informal supervision due to several srs reports on the children none which were found to be fact. we were told we had to make a plan with deca and follow mental health recomentations this was all completed we went back to court and they wanted to extend it. we have custody we are wondering about picking up and moving to another state to get out from under the system because it has caused problems in our family
Expert:  dkennedy replied 9 years ago.


I understand the situation now. And unfortunately, moving to another state will make a bad situation ten times worse. Your instinct probably is to move as far as China to get away from these people, and I don't blame you. But, "play the game" a little longer so that you can close the book on this.

If you move to another state, they could easily find you and have the children removed, or invoke a million conditions on the family. You would not want any longer involvement than is absolutely necessary.

I hope this answers your question. If so, click on Accept so that I can get credit for my work. Thanks.

dkennedy and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you