How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Walter Your Own Question
Walter, Legal Consultant
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11528
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Walter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter & her partner have 4 children together under

This answer was rated:

My daughter & her partner have 4 children together under the age of 6. He is verbally & emotionally abusive to her & the children. He is retired Navy on SSD. Can she receive child support for the children if they separate?


If the children are still under the age of 18 then yes she can take him for child support. The chances of getting back child support.

Her first step is to go to your local Child Support Enforcement Agency and asking for services. This is normally free but if her income is high they may request a 25.00 fee.

They will give her a packet to fill out she can give them his social security number and any other information she has. Fill the packet out and return it. They will get in touch with him and set up a hearing to establish support amounts and then the judge will court order it. At which time they can either garnish his wages or allow him to pay by check (Garnishment is much more common).

They will then send the money to her each month in the form of a check or though a child support debut card.

It is not difficult and they can help her.

She may also be entitled to other support so she may want to consider getting into contact with a lawyer to determine what all she is entitled to.

Walter and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you