How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I can not afford a lawyer and I can not find the father of ...

Resolved Question:

I can not afford a lawyer and I can not find the father of my child. I know he lives in Pineville, Missouri. I don''t know how to go about getting him to ever pay child support when we live in different states. My child support case worker has never been any help. He has not paid at all in the 10 years I''ve been trying. If you have any advice I would be very thankful.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
If you have not already done so, you need to register your child support orders with the Missouri support agency in the county you believe he lives in. The agency will need his any identifying information to locate him. So his social security, driver's license, tax information, whatever you have you will need to give them to search for him in the state of Missouri.

In the alternative the contact the district attorney's office of Missouri as most of their county's assist in the locating of non-custodial parents to enforce support orders.

Lastly, if none of this works, hire a skip tracer to assist in locating him. Skip tracers are professionals skilled at finding debtors and witnesses for court, so they can assist in locating this person.

Don't forget to click Accept for my time and research, thank you.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you