Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What can I do to help my daughter and regain custody

Customer Question
My husband falsely accused me...
My husband falsely accused me of child abuse my then 12yr old daughter stated the same. It is almost 2yrs since I seen my daughter. Therapy first time I seen my daughter she admitted I did not abuse her, the therapist feels some-type of sexual abuse is going on and my husband is manipulating her. I cannot afford an attorney all my paycheck by error is going to husband . Husband doesnot work I and his rich parents support him. He needs my daughter for the money, for this reason my daughter is mentally unbalance I fear for her. Can anyone help me. I am in orange county New York.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 2 days by:
2/5/2008
Family Lawyer: dkennedy, Attorney at Law replied 9 years ago
dkennedy
dkennedy, Attorney at Law

Hello barbara,

You call him your husband, so are you still married?

There is a custody order? Is it a temporary order? Is Social Services involved?

Could you explain why your paycheck is going to your husband?

Please provide more details.

Still married. There is a custody order, he has sole custody--He stated to the Court that I was hitting my child since she was 5yrs old. Where I made her bleed badly, and that she was terrified of me. Stephanie, my daughter backed-up his story. I was granted no visitation, and therapeutic therapy was ordered also parenting classes. My Husband violated the Court order and refused to obey the order. It has been almost 2yrs since I had any contact with my daughter. I finally, fighting on my own, PRO SE had one session. My daughter admitted in front of me to the therapist that I did not abuse her I hit her once in her life when she was in 5th grade and that she will not have anything to do with me because I abandoned her. And that I do not love her and I must prove to her that I love her. There is so much more. There is so much abuse being done to my daughter that according to the therapist that she is on the edge of a breakdown. Social Services was involved but only against me. Now that the truth is out and social services is on my side, they can do nothing to help my daughter. (highlights--- daughter into drugs, drinking, foul filthy language, naked pictures she said boy took of her in my home. She claims she is a witch. Neighbor's tried to testify.) Paycheck more than Court Ordered is being taken out due to error, husband's attorney refused to prepare new order for 5months. I was on medical leave due to surgery, leave with out pay and also paying for medical for my daughter that under the new order I do not have to pay. Current order is for $625 per month I am paying $1565 and medical. I went to court again and his attorney stated that I am paying only $625 and I was out of work only for a few weeks,(medical leave over 2months total.)Hearing officer is to rule on papers submitted which I also included the child support print out. Am I having a run of bad luck or what. I cannot get a legal aid attorney because on paper I make too much. Also husband doesn't work lives off of my money so he has a vested interest in keeping my daughter.

Hello barbara,

I understand more of your situation now. Thank you. But, could you tell me exactly what your question is, so that I can try to help?

Ely, Counselor at Law