How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Walter Your Own Question
Walter, Legal Consultant
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11528
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Walter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

in the state of Arizona my son was incarcerated ...

Resolved Question:

in the state of Arizona my son was incarcerated and tried as an adult. He will be 18 years of age on Feb 19th 2008. I need to stop the child support. Am I obligated to pay anything else?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.


Arizona defines the age of emancipation in child support issues as 18 so once he is 18 years of age you are permitted by law to terminate your order. If your order is enforced by child support enforcement you will need to contact them and request a modification for termination form. Fill it out and send it back. Often it takes around 30 days for child support to be stopped if it is garnished from your wages.


Walter and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you