How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Walter Your Own Question
Walter, Legal Consultant
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11528
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Walter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do you do when you are not working and have on money, ...

Resolved Question:

What do you do when you are not working and have on money, and can not pay Childsupport, and they are going to suspend your driver lis.Thank [email protected]
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.


You need to ask for a modification of your support order. You are entitled to a modification if your income has changed from when the original or last support order was made or if you are now supporting more children or paying child support for additional children.

If your income has changed or your circumstances and Child Support Enforcement is enforcing the order you simply need to call them and ask for a modification packet to be mailed to you. Fill out the forms and send it back. It normally takes 30-60 days for them to review the case and order a adjustment if needed.

As far as the drivers license this is a difficult situation, they will suspend the license if you are not paying. Keep in mind often they will work with you if you are trying. Even if you send only a small payment each month this shows good faith and may prevent your licenses from being suspended.


Walter and 8 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you