How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dkennedy Your Own Question
dkennedy, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6009
Experience:  JD Degree, Social Service Experience, Child Support Officer
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
dkennedy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has a child and the courts have set up child ...

Resolved Question:

My daughter has a child and the courts have set up child support for her for the amount of 80.00 per week that the father has not paid for almost 1 year. She is in and out of courts and nothing is being done. What can we do. In reality this man is getting away with murder
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  dkennedy replied 9 years ago.


Your daughter needs to take the guy in for contempt of court. I don't know if she has had a private attorney, but whoever is representing her needs to do a Rule to Show Cause (contempt) and he should be made to show cause why he is not in contempt of the court order. Some judges will give the non-payor 30 days to come up with a job and some payments, or they go to jail. Contempt carries a possible jail sentence.

If she has been working with Child Support Enforcement, they need to step up the game. If she has a private attorney, he/she needs to get going.

Of course of the ex has a job, she could garnish wages, garnish bank acccounts, whatever it takes. I wish her the best of luck.

dkennedy and 8 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you