How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed disability. I have had 9 back surgeries. I filed ...

Resolved Question:

I filed disability. I have had 9 back surgeries. I filed bankruptcy. I made 20000.00 last year and this upcoming year I wont be able to work at all. how much child support do I have to come up with so I dont get put in jail. I live in Florida.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 9 years ago.

If you already have a court order you must pay the amount ordered or petition the court to modify the amount due to the significant decrease in your earnings. If there is no order and you are now being pursued for support the court will look at your current earnings. If you go to this link and fill out the form you can get an idea of what amount a court will order you to pay.

legaleagle and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you