How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Walter Your Own Question
Walter, Legal Consultant
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11528
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Walter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My youngest daughter(7),her father has a problem with me ...

Resolved Question:

My youngest daughter(7),her father has a problem with me leaving her home with her older sister(11) of a different man,every once in a while.Neither one of us have custody.He was angry and sounded like he was going to try something to take her from me.He is married. I am not. What can happen???
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.


He has the right to petition the courts for custody of the child for neglect on your part. He would have to prove that the older child is not caring for his child properly. There are state laws that require children to be emotional capable of watching a younger child. Not all states have these laws but even those who do not most often would not agree with a 11 year old babysitting a 7 year old. Typically 13 is the accepted age to babysit.....though in the end it will be up to the judge.

I would advise you in the meantime to not allow the 11 year old to abbysit any longer to prevent a problem in the courts.


Walter and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you