How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

im a stepfather, im all she nos as a father, my ...

Customer Question

im a stepfather, im all she no''s as a father, my oldest has been a rebelling teen for about 2yrs, she has gotten worse, it all started when she made these new friends who does drug and alcohol, she made it clear 2 me that she was gonna do it anyway, so i have heard that many parents has let them try it at home for safety, so i let her on 3 occasions, i was scared because she already has a friend who ran away, a friend who had a child at 14, i did not want that to happen to her, after the third she decided it wasnt for her and that she will never do it again, about a month has passed she was feeling guilty so the one time her real dad wanted to see them, she tells the stepmom, because she scared of her dad, im the only dad she really no''s for 10yrs, my only screw up, i never forced her, now srs is involved, i havent been charge, its been a month ago, she is a different kid now, she doesnt want to loose me as her dad, do you have an idea whats gonna happen to me?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
Could you please clarify what "srs" is? Are you saying that Child protective services is involved?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to LawNinvest's Post: yes, i am be interview tomorrow
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for your response.

Whenever a child is placed in a risk of harm to their well-being the department of social services will be involved to investigate. The purpose of the child protective services (CPS) is to determine whether you were negligent in your parenting of this child. Unfortunately your behavior in allowing her to try a controlled substance is a showing of negligent behavior. It is possible that the caseworker will remove the child from your household and place with the other parent. You also may have some criminal charges for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Alternatively it is possible for the caseworker to provide you with a case plan to reunify with the child given that you were in this child's life more than the biological father.

What you need to do now is work with the caseworker as the caseworker is now in control of what can happen to you and the child.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions