How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Walter Your Own Question
Walter, Legal Consultant
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11528
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Walter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can my grandson legally be removed from his home

Resolved Question:

can my grandson legally be removed from his home without an investigation for someone falsely accusing one of his parents of abuse
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.


Yes the child protection services must remove the child if they suspect the claim has any merit. If they fail to do so they can be held liable for their mistake if anything happens to the child.

Once in court the agency will be required to show proof that the child should be removed and kept from the home. At this time the parents can submit any proof or evidence that the allegations are untrue.

Then it is up to the judge to decide what to do. Keep in mind social services will seldom remove a child unless they are positive some type of abuse is going on. They do not want to open them selves up for trouble in the courts.

I am sorry, I wish I had better news.


Walter and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i know for a fact it is a lie because his dad is not that kind of person. The report was made to spite my daughter by a mad neighbor.HOW DO WE PROVE THAT?
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.


Take with you any witnesses you have to mom and dads creditability. Notes from the child's doctor confirming there has never been any suspicious marks or bruises. Proof the neighbor has caused problems in the beginning.

Keep in ming the social service worker will be required to show proof there is abuse......the judge is not going to permit the child to be kept from his parents without proof of abuse.

If there is no proof then the child will be returned. I am sorry, for this situation and I wish you and your family the best with this situation.