How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Walter Your Own Question
Walter, Legal Consultant
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11528
Experience:  Family Law Consultant Specializing In Interpretation Of Family and General Law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Walter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter was arrested for underage alcohol ...

Resolved Question:

My daughter was arrested for underage alcohol consumption as a first time offender at a party raided by the police. she wasn''t intoxicated, only having had a partial drink. Should I or would you recommend me to hire an atorney for her hearing. This is the only trouble she has been in and is eighteen years old. The bond was 375.00.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.


What is the age of your child?

What state was she in?


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
18 years Kennesaw, Georgia
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.


A violation of this law is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 6 months imprisonment and/or a fine of up to a $300.

In addition, persons violating any underage drinking law may be sentenced to complete a DUI Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction

Program within 120 days of conviction. Failure to complete the program as prescribed shall be punished by a fine of up to $300 and/or 20 days imprisonment.

Oklahoma youths caught illegally trying to buy alcohol would face hefty fines and community service under a bill passed 45-1 by the state Senate, the Associated Press reported April 12.

The Prevention of Youth from Access to Alcohol Act calls for fines of up to $900 and license suspensions of up to two years for minors caught trying to buy alcohol.

As for wither to hire a lawyer, that is up to you. A lawyer may be able to get the charges dropped.



Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Walter and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you