How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was never married to my daughters motther. My dauther is ...

Resolved Question:

i was never married to my daughters motther. My dauther is 2 now and i have paid child support for her the entire time and i have visitation. Can her mother mover her out of state without my permission?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
If there are court orders in place regarding custody/visitation, the mother is restricted from relocating the child unless she get authorization from the court. When a parent wants to relocate to another state that is sufficient grounds to file for modification of custody to stop the parent from relocating. So absent any court orders allowing her to relocate, she cannot move.

If there are no such court orders in place then you need to file for custody of your child and work on a parenting arrangement that is suitable for the child's best interests.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions