How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother got a divorce in 1993. We live in Milwaukee ...

Resolved Question:

My brother got a divorce in 1993. We live in Milwaukee Wisconsin a 50 50 state. Everything was to be split evenly. She took the money from the house and bought another house. He went into a depression. She has never gave him any part of the money. Is there a statue of limitation on if he can still sue her for his part?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
To file a lawsuit in Wisconsin the statute of limitation would be 6 years from the date of breaching the divorce agreement. Since the divorce happened in 1993, the statute of limits has barred the lawsuit.

Additionally, he would not be able to file for a motion of contempt against his exwife for violating the court orders as you typically file this motion within 14 to 30 days when the violation of the orders occurs.

So based on the information you have posted it appears he is without recourse.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions