How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to write a letter on how much child support?

Resolved Question:

Can you show my how to write a letter stating how much child support I receive for my son upon a mutual agreement?

Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 10 years ago.
What do you want your letter to say? And who are you address this to?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.

I want a letter confirming that my ex-boyfriend does in fact pay child support to me for my son in the amount of 150.00 a month.

Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 10 years ago.


[Your Name and Address]

[Name and Address of who you are sending the letter to]

RE: Child Support for [Name of child]

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to confirm that [Name of child]'s father, Mr. [name of father] has been paying child support as court ordered on [date of child support order] in the amount of $150.00 a month.

If he has never defaulted on payments you can add the following paragraph:

Mr. [name of father] has always met his obligations in paying child support and has never defaulted or been found to owe child support.

If he has defaulted, you can use this paragraph instead:

Although Mr. [name of father] was found to owe back child support, he has had an active role in paying back the arrearages along with maintaining current child support orders each month.

If you have any questions or wish to discuss the matter with me further, please do not hesitate to contact me at [your phone number with area code] at your convenience.


[your name]

Just add the information in the bracket [ ] sections of the letter. let me know if you want to add anything else.

Attorney & Mediator and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 10 years ago.

Yes, and the notary herself needs to write these things on her own affirmation because she first has to witness your signature. The law requires her to do it not you or anyone else.