Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I wanted to know does laser eye surgery get rid of blurry

Hello I wanted to know does laser eye surgery get rid of blurry vision permanently or can it come back?

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question for you.

Laser surgery of the eye for visual improvement such as LASIK is a permanent procedure . It has permanent effects if done after 18-20 years of age or when done with 3 years of no change in spectacle power. Visual deterioration will not be , if at all, due any kind of recurrence. In case vision deteriorates or decreases after undergoing the laser procedure, it would due to some other reason , such as any complication of the procedure /subsequent trauma and so on.

Hope this helps you to take the right decision. Take care.

Do remember to rate this response positively if it was up to your expectation/satisfaction. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Regards

Dr.A.S.Desai